Monday, June 08, 2009
Want to know what's new on the Webmaster Central YouTube channel? Here's what we've uploaded in the past week:
Matt Cutts answered a new question each day from the Grab Bag:
- Are shortened URLs treated differently than other redirects?
- How can I make sure Google reaches my deeper pages?
- What impact does server location have on rankings?
- Will a "coming soon" page negatively impact my site?
- How many pages can Google index from a single site?
In response to questions we've been getting about the videos themselves, we created a behind the scenes look at our setup. And just to throw in some more variety, Matt took a break from SEO questions for a few minutes to show off a fun use of a barcode scanner with Google Book Search. You can read more about it on the Inside Google Book Search blog.
For your instant viewing pleasure, here's the answer to the question about URL shortners:
And now a peek behind the scenes:
You can leave comments letting us know how you liked the videos, and if you have any specific questions, ask the experts in the Webmaster Help Forum.