Wednesday, September 10, 2008
- Image Search ranking: Starting things off, JimAtArtsnovaDotCom asked about how Google indexes images. Evan details the factors that account for a site's images appearing in Google's image search.
- Sitelinks and Webmaster Tools: Maile tackled Red Cardinal's request by providing a more detailed explanation of sitelinks, particularly what happens when they are blocked by a user.
- Reconsideration Requests: Want to learn more about reconsideration requests? In response to Chibcha's message, Susan provides additional context on when you should file a reconsideration request and other tips to address your site's performance.
- Redirects: In response to Cristina's question about site moves and redirects, John explains how Googlebot handles absolute and relative URLs in your redirect to a new domain.
- Communication with webmasters: Finally, I responded to bluegill01's message, noting the scenarios when you can expect to receive a message from Google.