Thursday, October 31, 2019
Today, we're announcing that Site Kit is available for everyone to
install from the WordPress plugin directory.
Site Kit is Google's official WordPress plugin — it gives you insights on how people find and
use your site, how to improve and monetize your content, with data from multiple Google tools.
Learn more about Site Kit on the
official Site Kit website.
Who is Site Kit for?
Site Kit makes it easy for WordPress site owners to understand how their site is doing and what to do next. As a WordPress site owner, Site Kit offers you:
- Easy to verify site ownership through Search Console — no need to paste a code snippet on your site to prove you're an owner.
- Convenient and easy access to relevant stats directly in your WordPress dashboard. We save you time — see the key information right when you sign in.
- Cross-product insights — Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, AdSense — are combined into a single, intuitive dashboard. We help you make informed decisions, quickly.
- No source code editing. This is the easiest way to install and manage Google products on your site in just a few clicks.
- You'll get aggregated insights from Google products, distilled in a dashboard that your clients or other teams can easily access. No need to copy data from multiple products to compile reports for clients.
- The site performance stats and improvement recommendations come directly from Google — your customers will be getting the latest best practices recommended by Google products.
- Site Kit provides roles and permissions to help you manage access to the site's data and make sure only the relevant people can see stats from Google products.
- Easy connection to official Google tools. Your customers don't have to edit the source code to set up Google tools.
- Added value for your platform. Your customers get important information about how their site is performing right in your own dashboard.
- Flexible UI. You can pull stats from the plugin dashboard and display stats natively in your platform's UI.
Get started with Site KitTo get started, install the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory. Here are some recommendations on how you can make the most of Site Kit:
- Review the main dashboard on a weekly basis and check for any significant changes in how people are finding your site. Are people finding your site from a new place?
- Keep track of how your recent posts are doing by checking the individual page reports.
- Compare the top performing pages and how people found them. Is a particular topic or product attracting more visitors from social channels?
- Set up new Google services to get more interesting insights — for example, if you enable PageSpeed Insights and Analytics, you'll be able to see whether page load time affects bounce rate.