The Google Ads API is the programmatic interface to Google Ads. It enables developers to interact directly with the Google Ads platform, vastly increasing the efficiency of managing large or complex Google Ads accounts and campaigns.
Some typical use cases include:
- Automated account management
- Custom reporting
- Ad management based on inventory
- Manage Smart Bidding strategies
With the Google Ads API you can build software that manages accounts from the customer level down to the keyword level. The API can do what the Google Ads UI does, but programmatically.
Types of companies that can benefit from the Google Ads API include:
- Ad agencies
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) companies
- Big brands managing a large number of accounts, with needs beyond the capabilities of the Google Ads UI.
The Google Ads API exposes both standard JSON REST endpoints and a high-performance gRPC interface. We provide pre-built client libraries to get you started in these languages:
Follow these steps to get started:
Apply for a developer token if you don't already have one.
Try making an API call.
Read up on API concepts.
Visit our support forum if you encounter problems.