With the Maps SDK for Android, add maps to your Android app including Wear OS apps using Google Maps data, map displays, and map gesture responses. You can also provide additional information for map locations and support user interaction by adding markers, polygons, and overlays to your map.
The SDK supports both the
Kotlin and Java programming
languages and provides additional libraries and extensions for
advanced features and programming techniques.
Set up and create your first app:
- Quickstart - Adding a Map
- Create a basic Android app that displays a map.
- Get an API Key and Enable Billing
- Details about enabling billing and getting an API key, both of which are required in order to add a map to your app.
- Setting up an Existing Android Studio Project
- Configure an existing app to use the Maps SDK for Android.
- Usage and Billing
- Pricing and usage limits for the SDK.
- Terms of Service
- The Google Maps Platform Terms of Service discusses legal requirements that your app must comply with when using the SDK.