The Navigation SDK for Android allows rideshare providers to improve and differentiate their driver's experience by integrating Google Maps turn-by-turn navigation into their ridesharing app. The SDK allows you to customize the user interface with branding, custom controls, and time-sensitive trip information.
- Shorter trip time due to efficient routing.
- Improved ETA accuracy.
- Journey sharing.
- Speed alerts.
- Custom markers and branding.
- Choice of either faster or shorter route.
- Arrive on the correct side of the road.
- Two-wheeled, where available.
- Taxi routes, where available.
- Road restrictions.
- Provides data for analysis. For example, vehicle location, ETA, and distance remaining.