v.3.1.0 BETA - June 15, 2020
- Added support for cloud-based styling.
- Added support for marker collision handling.
- Added more polyline styling options: multi-color, gradient color and textured styling.
- Added nullability annotations to
InfoWindowAdapterfor improved Java-Kotlin interoperability.
- Fixed app crash with custom Glide module (Issue 132323222).
OnCameraMoveevents not triggered for doubletap-drag scaling.
- Improved base map loading time for maps with custom tile overlay.
- Allowed map lite click listeners to be invoked in Talkback mode.
- Fixed crash for MapView with markers in Talkback mode.
v.3.0.0 BETA - May 07, 2019
- The Maps SDK for Android is now distributed via a standalone static library in addition to its availability through Google Play services. Previously, the Maps SDK for Android was only available as part of Google Play services.
- Android 4.0-4.0.4 ("Ice Cream Sandwich") is no longer supported.
- Map rendering has been modernized and improved.
- Text labels for POIs are now clickable, rather than just the icon.
- Business POIs are now visible in indoor maps.
- Added incident reports icons to the traffic layer, such as roadworks, crashes, and traffic jams. These show in Normal, Hybrid and Terrain mode.
- Added support for 3D buildings with full models, e.g. Eiffel Tower.
- Increased opacity of 3D buildings to match the Google Maps application.
- Resolved an issue where markers were loading slowly (Issue 35822423).