Note: The Google Maps Platform Premium Plan is no longer available for sign up or new customers.
This page is only for customers with the new version of the Google Maps Platform Premium Plan, which became available in January 2016.
Have the Premium Plan or a previous license?
To determine which license you have:
> In the Google Cloud Support Portal, click Maps: Usage Report on the left.
> Does the ID at the top of the report have the following format?
gme-[company] & proj-[number] ([type])
If yes, you have the Premium Plan.
If no, you have a previous license (Maps APIs for Work or Maps API for Business).
With the Google Maps Platform Premium Plan, you have access to several reporting tools that provide different types of usage data.
Support Portal usage reports
- Usage data for any API requests that use either a client ID or API key
- Total daily and monthly Maps APIs usage totals for each API, with a 1-day delay
- Total daily and monthly Maps APIs Credits usage for each API, with a 3-day delay
- Error reporting for web service requests that use a client ID
Support Portal Analytics
Google Cloud Platform Console reports
The Google Cloud Platform Console reports provide real-time usage data for any APIs for which you use an API key. Note that the reports provide data for up to 30 days only.
To view Google Cloud Platform Console reports:
- Sign in to the Google Cloud Platform Console using your Google Account.
- In the project drop-down menu, select the project created for you when you purchased the Premium Plan.
- Select a Google Maps API, and then click Usage.
Reporting tools summary
Here's a summary of the data types and availability provided with each reporting tool:
|Identifier||Reporting tool||Usage data||Real-time||1-day delay||3-day delay|
|Client ID||Support Portal Usage Reports||Requests|
|Maps APIs Credits|
|Request errors (web services)|
|API key||Support Portal Usage Reports||Requests|
|Maps APIs Credits|
|Google Cloud Platform Console Reports||Requests|