Google Maps Platform offers a set of Cloud-based maps styling features that make it easier to style, customize, and manage your maps using the Google Cloud Console, as well as introducing tools and features to improve the user experience of your maps. For example, using the cloud-based tools for the various Cloud-based maps styling features, you can easily customize the points of interest that show by default on your map, as well as brand and color the map to match the look and feel of your organization's styling, and more.
To make these features easy to adopt and manage, Cloud-based maps styling brings a number of new tools to the Cloud Console:
- A Style Editor for easy style creation.
- Map ID creation and management.
- Custom map style creation and management.
- Tools for dynamic updating of styles.
Cloud-based maps styling features include the following:
- Cloud-based map styling: Rather than styling your map in code using JSON, you can manage and style your dynamic or static maps in the Cloud Console using Map IDs and Map Styles.
- Business POI filtering: Five categories of business points of interest can be optionally removed from the map display.
- POI Density Control: The density of points of interest shown on the basemap can be adjusted to show greater or fewer points of interest by default.