You're all set!
Billing has been enabled for your selected project.
To enable billing, we'll guide you through the Google Cloud Platform Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project
The Geocoding API uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model
- The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
- Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
- Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
- For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.
Pricing for the Geocoding API
Under the pay-as-you-go pricing model, requests for the Geocoding API are billed using the SKU for Geocoding.
|MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per REQUEST)
|0.005 USD per each
(5.00 USD per 1000)
|0.004 USD per each
(4.00 USD per 1000)
|Contact Sales for volume pricing|
Other usage limits
While you are no longer limited to a maximum number of requests per day (QPD), the following usage limits are still in place for the Geocoding API:
- 50 requests per second (QPS), calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
Manage your cost of use
To manage your cost of use of the Google Maps Platform APIs, you can set daily quota limits on all requests to any billable API.
To view or change quota limits for the Geocoding API:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the project drop-down and select a project.
- Open the Quotas page.
- Click the APIs drop-down and select the Geocoding API.
- To view the quota limits, scroll down to the Requests
A table lists the quota names and limits.
- To change a quota limit, click the Edit icon for that limit.
In the dialog that appears, in the Quota Limit field, enter the preferred billable daily quota limit (up to the quota limit, if any, specified by Google) and click Save.
If your API usage reaches your billable quota limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.
Premium Plan customers
For more information, see Premium Plan Usage Rates and Limits.