As a prerequisite to using the API, the documentation assumes you have set up your Google account. Specifically, it assumes that you:
- Have a Google account and you have created an administrator.
- Are familiar with your Google Workspace Admin console found at admin.google.com. For more information about the Admin console, see Use your Admin console.
- Installed and configured your Google products. For an example, see the Google Workspace setup wizard and the Google Drive installation information.
- Used your Admin console to order your Google licenses.
- Used the Directory API or your Admin console to create your account's users.
API setup steps
Once your account is configured, set up your API:
- Enable API access from the Google Workspace Admin console in order to make requests to the Enterprise License Manager API.
To enable API access, log in to your admin account, and select Security. If you do not see Security listed, select More controls and then select Security from the options shown in the gray box. Select API reference, and then select the checkbox to Enable API access. Save your changes.
- Set up a new project in the Google APIs Console, and activate Enterprise License Manager API service for this project.