The Maps Embed API uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model
- The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
- Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
- Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
- For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.
Pricing for the Maps Embed API
SKU: Embed and SKU: Embed Advanced
All Maps Embed API requests are free with unlimited usage.
Other usage limits
The Maps Embed API has the following limits in place:
- 500 requests per second (QPS), calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
- Unlimited requests per day (QPD).
For complete details on allowed usage, consult the License Restrictions section in the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service.
Manage your cost of use
To manage your cost of use of the Google Maps Platform APIs, you can set daily quota limits on all requests to any billable API.
To view or change quota limits for the Maps Embed API:
- In the Google Cloud Console, open the Google Maps Platform Quotas page.
- Click the APIs drop-down and select the Maps Embed API.
- To view the quota limits, scroll down to the Requests
A table lists the quota names and limits.
- To change a quota limit, click the Edit icon for that limit.
In the dialog that appears, in the Quota Limit field, enter the preferred billable daily quota limit (up to the quota limit, if any, specified by Google) and click Save.
If your API usage reaches your billable quota limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.