Feeling a little stuck? There are several ways to get some help with your app.
- Ask a question on Stack Overflow.
- Report a bug or feature request on the issue tracker.
- Contact the Maps support team.
Community support on Stack Overflow
We use the popular programming Q&A website Stack Overflow to field technical questions about the Maps Embed API. Stack Overflow is a collaboratively-edited question and answer site for programmers. The site is not run by Google, but you can sign in using your Google account. It's a great place to ask technical questions about developing and maintaining your app.
Members of the Google Maps Platform team monitor several Google Maps related tags
on Stack Overflow. You can look for Google Maps Platform APIs topics by adding
to your search query. You can look for Maps Embed API-specific topics by adding
google-maps-embed. You may wish to add additional tags to your question
to attract the attention of experts in related technologies.
Before posting a question on Stack Overflow:
Before posting, please search the group to see if someone has already
answered your question.
When posting a new question, please consider the following:
- Be very clear about your question in the subject — it helps those trying to answer your question as well as those who may be looking for information in the future.
- Give plenty of details in your post to help others understand your problem. Consider including code snippets, logs, or links to screenshots.
- Please include a code snippet that demonstrates the problem. Most people will not debug errors in your code without a simple sample that easily reproduces the problem. If you find it difficult to host your code online, use a service like JSFiddle.
- Read the Stack Overflow FAQ. The site and its community have guidelines and tips that you should follow to help ensure your question is answered.
Report an issue or feature request
If you think you may have found a bug, or if you have a feature request that you would like to share with the Google Maps Platform team, please file a bug or feature request in our issue tracker.
If you think the cause of a problem is a bug in the Maps Embed API, report it on our issue tracker. Please include the following information in your bug description:
- A description of the problem, and the behavior you expected instead.
- A list of steps and/or a small snippet of sample code that can be taken to reproduce the problem.
- Any other information that the bug report template may require.
Before reporting a bug, please search the bug list to see if someone has already reported the issue.
You can use the issue tracker to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. Please describe the specific functionality you would like to see added, as well as reasons you think it's important. If possible, include specific details about your use case and the new opportunities the feature would allow for.
Before filing a new feature request, please search the list to see if someone has already filed the same request.
|Issue tracker status codes|
|New||This issue/feature request has not been triaged.|
|Assigned||The issue has a person assigned to it.|
|Accepted||The issue has been acknowledged by the assignee, who will provide updates when active investigations begin.|
|Fixed||The issue is resolved in a released version.|
|Fixed (Verified)||The issue has been addressed and the correctness of the fix has been confirmed.|
|Won't fix (Not reproducible)||There is either not enough information to fix the issue, or the issue as reported cannot be re-created.|
|Won't fix (Intended behavior)||The issue describes the expected behavior of the product under the reported circumstances.|
|Won't fix (Obsolete)||The issue is no longer relevant due to changes in the product.|
|Won't fix (Infeasible)||The issue requires changes that cannot be implemented in the foreseeable future.|
|Duplicate||This report duplicates an existing issue.|
|Issue tracker triaged codes|
|PendingFurtherReview||This issue has passed initial triage and is waiting for priority review.|
|NeatIdea||Feature request is acknowledged. We are currently evaluating this request but do not have any plans to implement it. Please star to vote and comment to discuss your use case.|
|NeedsMoreInfo||This issue/feature request requires more information from the reporter.|
Contacting the support team
Creating a support case
Project Owners, Project Editors, and Tech Support Editors can create support cases. If you don’t have one of these roles, contact your Project Owner or Organization Admin to get access.
- Visit the Google Maps Platform Support page in the Cloud Console.
- Select the project related to your question, in the top dropdown bar of the
- To file a technical support case, you must have a Project Owner, Project Editor, or Tech Support Editor role.
- To file a billing support case, you must have a Project Owner or Project Editor role.
- Fill out the fields in detail on the Create a new support case section. It may take a minute to create your case.
Granting support access
A Project Owner or an Organization Admin can grant all available roles from the IAM page.
- Open the IAM page in the Cloud Console.
- Select Select a project > choose a project from the dropdown > Open.
- Select Add, then enter the new member’s email address.
- You can add individuals, service accounts, or Google Groups as members, but every project must have at least one individual as a member.
- Select the member’s role. For best security practices, we strongly recommend giving the member
the lowest permissions needed. Members with Project Owner permissions are able
to manage all aspects of the project, including shutting it down.
- To grant Project Owner or Project Editor permissions, choose the appropriate role under Project.
- To limit a member’s permissions to filing technical support cases, choose the Tech Support Editor role under Support.
- Save your changes.
Contacting Billing Support as a Billing Admin
The Billing Admin role does not grant permissions to create support cases on its billing account, because access to Support (Tech or Billing) is based on project permissions, and is granted to Project Owners, Project Editors, or Tech Support Editors on a project tied to the billing account. If you do not have access to any project tied to the billing account:
- Create a new project. You are automatically assigned the Project Owner role for this project.
- Enable billing on your new project, using the billing account used for your group's other projects.
- Enable a Maps API from this new project.
Since you are the Project Owner for this new project, you have access to Maps API support case creation from that new project and can make inquiries about the billing account attached to it.
Escalating a case
If you think that your case is not being handled optimally, you can escalate the case. An escalation manager will review your case and make sure it is handled properly.
Note: Escalation managers can provide additional expertise or better prioritize a case based on business requirements. They cannot grant exceptions to policies or terms of service.
One hour after a case is first submitted, you may escalate it. Use the Escalate button found in the footer of your support emails, in the case creation confirmation email, or in any response to the case.
Support response times
Support response times are indicated in the table below (resolution times may vary):
|Severity level||Definition||Response time|
|Critical Impact - Service Unusable in Production||Critical functions of your production application aren't available with no workaround.||1 hour on weekdays, excluding regional holidays|
|High Impact - Service Severely Impaired||This issue is critically impacting a single user or critically impacting collaboration among users. Service does not work as expected, with no feasible workaround.||24 hours on weekdays|
|Medium Impact - Service Partially Impaired||Service does not work as expected but a workaround is easily available.||24 hours on weekdays|
|Low Impact - Service Fully Usable||Service does not work as desired, but functions (a workaround is not necessary).||24 hours on weekdays|
For questions related to data privacy and protection, you can contact us using the Data Privacy Inquiry Form.