You're all set!
Billing has been enabled for your selected project.
To enable billing, we'll guide you through the Google Cloud Platform Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project
The Maps Static API uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model
- The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
- Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
- Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
- For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.
Pricing for the Maps Static API
Requests for the Maps Static API are billed under the SKU for Static Maps.
SKU: Static Maps
A request to the Maps Static API.
|MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per MAP LOAD)
|0.002 USD per each
(2.00 USD per 1000)
|0.0016 USD per each
(1.60 USD per 1000)
|Contact Sales for volume pricing|
Other usage limits
While you are no longer limited to a maximum number of requests per day (QPD), the following usage limits are still in place for the Maps Static API.
- Maximum Queries per Second (QPS): 500
For customers using the pay-as-you-go pricing model, authenticating requests to the Maps Static API is based on usage:
- Requests up to 25,000 per day require an API key.
- Requests exceeding 25,000 requests per day require an API key and a digital signature.
For more information, see Generate a digital signature.
Static Maps images can be returned in any size up to 640 x 640 pixels.
Google Maps Platform Premium Plan customers, who are correctly authenticating requests to the Maps Static API, can request images up to 2048 x 2048 pixels. For more information, see Premium Plan customers.
For complete details on allowed usage, consult the License Restrictions section in the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service.
Manage your cost of use
To manage your cost of use of the Google Maps Platform APIs, you can set daily quota limits on all requests to any billable API.
To view or change quota limits for the Maps Static API:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the project drop-down and select a project.
- Open the Quotas page.
- Click the APIs drop-down and select the Maps Static API.
- To view the quota limits, scroll down to the Advanced maps loads card.
A table lists the quota names and limits.
- To change a quota limit, click the Edit icon for that limit.
In the dialog that appears, in the Quota Limit field, enter the preferred billable daily quota limit (up to the quota limit, if any, specified by Google) and click Save.
If your API usage reaches your billable quota limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.
Premium Plan customers
For more information, see Premium Plan Usage Rates and Limits.