The following guides provide conceptual and technical information to understand Classroom add-on development. The definitions, sequences, and tools described are used throughout the add-ons documentation.
- User journeys - Detailed descriptions of user interactions with Classroom add-ons
- Developer journey - Step-by-step instructions for developing a Classroom add-on
Key concepts for building a Classroom add-on
This section explains best practices for designing and planning a Classroom add-on.
These restrictions apply to all Classroom add-on integrations:
- Your application must not show advertisements within Google Classroom.
- Your application must meet all of the requirements in the checklist.
- Your application must complete the OAuth verification process before your listing is published. Allot at least one week for verification.
- Your application must be reviewed by the Google Workspace Marketplace team before it can be installed by users. Allot at least two weeks for the GWM review.
- To receive announcements about the Classroom API, subscribe to the classroom-dev-announce list.
- To opt-in to communications about Classroom add-ons, complete the interest form.
Reach out to the resources in our Support page with any questions or issues.