The following integration policies apply to the Ordering Redirect integration.
Place Action policies
In order to ensure a consistent user experience when interacting with Place Action links, all Place Action platform providers must adhere to the following guidelines:
Place Action links must lead to a dedicated landing page for the merchant. The links must not lead to the platform provider’s homepage or any other pages. For in-person actions for businesses with multiple locations, place action links must lead to a dedicated landing page for the specific location from Google (unless otherwise exempt due to vertical-specific policies).
Place Action links must allow the user to complete the designated action. For example, an ‘ordering’ link must allow the user to complete an order without placing a phone call or going to another site or app.
Partners must abide by the Actions Center's Support & maintenance guidelines.
The following categories are currently enabled for the Actions Center Business Link and Redirect integrations:
- Business offering online services
- Retail merchants
Adherence to this policy will be proactively monitored on a regular basis. Violation of the policy can result in perpetual removal of all Place Action links provided by the platform provider.
Food Menu Policy and Requirements
Please read through the following integration eligibility criteria before beginning an integration. Partners must adhere to the food menu policies and meet the following requirements to be eligible to integrate. Please note that Google reserves the right to display menu & dish data in ways that are helpful to users.
Failure to meet the requirements and policies may result in integration, merchants or services being suspended or removed from the platform.
Policy and Requirements
- Partners must not send prohibited information (see details) in menu feed such as foul language, prohibited images, personally identifiable information (PII) or user generated content.
- Partners should not use the menu feed to share non-menu items such as services (ex: curbside, promotion codes, etc.).
- Partners are required to provide all required data in Reservations E2E menu spec or Ordering Redirect menu spec (max file size 2MB). The technical requirements are addressed in the Reservations E2E menu spec or Ordering Redirect menu spec by marking fields as optional/required.
- Partners should only provide menu items available for the corresponding restaurant locations.
- Partners must send a complete menu for each location. Merchants with incomplete menus may not be eligible for display.
- Partners and merchants are required to ensure menus are accurate and should provide updates on a daily basis.
- Menu items photos should be well-lit, feature one in-focus menu item, must not include people or other non-food images, and must conform to image spec (see photo guidelines).
- Prices should be shown, per menu item, without tips, taxes or fees; unless required by local laws and ordinances. Partners must explicitly provide local currency.
- Specialty menus are supported and should be removed when no longer available (ex: prix fixe, seasonal, limited time specials).