"The GDE program empowers you to share your knowledge better, learn from other communities, and get insider experience on Google technologies you already use and love."
Google Developer Expert, Cloud
Google Developer Experts
My Google Developer Expert journey by Lara Martin
Who can join Google Developer Experts?
Google Developer Experts have a variety of diverse backgrounds. They are developers, founders, mothers, activists, and so much more. The one thing they have in common is that they’re passionate professionals with expertise in Google technology who enjoy continuous learning, sharing knowledge, and making an impact on the community.
- Solid expertise in an area featuring Google technology such as Android, Google Cloud, Machine Learning, Web and more. You do not need a formal education to be considered for the GDE program.
- Display significant contributions in the developer community including but not limited to speaking at events, publishing content, mentoring other developers and companies.
- Ability to articulate clearly and provide meaningful advice to others.
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Ability to interview and communicate in English as it’s the official language of the program.
How do I apply?
- To join the Google Developer Experts program, you need to be referred by a Google employee or an existing GDE.
- If you're interested, reach out to your local Google contact and/or an active GDE to discuss your eligibility.
What are the benefits of the program?
The benefits of joining the Google Developer Experts community include, but are not limited to:
- Access to speaking and networking opportunities.
- Invitations to Google-run events.
- Early access to new products and features.
- Featured in the GDE directory.
What happens if I apply to the program and get rejected?
This happens on occasion. If you don’t get accepted to the program, review the eligibility criteria and consider applying again.