To successfully create your first client application, you must complete the following prerequisites:
- Get a Google Account.
- Try out Business Profile.
- Create a project in the Google API Console.
- Request access to the API.
Get a Google Account
You need a Google Account in order to create a project in the Google API Console. If you already have an account, you're all set.
Try out Business Profile
This API documentation assumes that you've used Business Profile before, and that you're familiar with web programming concepts and web data formats.
If you haven't used Business Profile, try out the user interface before you start to code.
Create a project in the Google API Console
Before you can send requests to the Business Profile APIs, you need to use the Google API Console to create a project, and then request access to the Business Profile APIs for that project. To create a new project, go to the Google API Console. Click Create project, enter a name, and click Create.
Request access to the APIs
To enable your project and access the APIs, you must complete the following steps:
- Go to the Google API Console and select the project you created for use with Business Profile.
- To determine your project ID, look in the Project ID column.
- Complete and submit the access request form.
- A follow-up email is sent to you after your request has been reviewed.
- After approval, see Basic setup to enable the Business Profile APIs for your project.