Note: The Google Maps Platform Premium Plan is no longer available for sign up or new customers.
As a Google Maps Platform Premium Plan customer, you have access to exclusive resources, including phone and email support, in addition to our standard support options. There are two levels of premium support available.
- Silver: Included in your Premium Plan, Silver-level support provides access to all premium support resources, 24 hours a day on weekdays (24x5).
- Gold: An add-on to your Premium Plan, Gold-level support provides access to all premium support resources, 24x5, and support for critical issues, 24x7.
If you have a question about the Google Maps Platform, first check our documentation:
- Google Maps Platform Premium Plan Overview
- Developer guides
- Pre-Launch Checklist
- General Google Maps Platform FAQ
- Premium Plan FAQ
Project Owners, Project Editors, and Tech Support Editors can create support cases. If you don’t have one of these roles, contact your Project Owner or Organization Admin to get access.
All Premium Plan customers can contact support by filing a case in the Maps Support page in the Cloud Console.
- Visit the Google Maps Platform Support page in the Cloud Console.
- Select the project related to your question, in the top dropdown bar of the
- To file a technical support case, you must have an Owner, Editor, or Tech Support Editor role.
- To file a billing support case, you must have an Owner or Editor role.
- Fill out the fields in detail on the Create a new support case section. It may take a minute to create your case.
Granting support access
A Project Owner or an Organization Admin can grant all available roles from the IAM page.
- Open the IAM page in the Cloud Console.
- Select Select a project > choose a project from the dropdown > Open.
- Select Add, then enter the new member’s email address.
- You can add individuals, service accounts, or Google Groups as members, but every project must have at least one individual as a member.
- Select the member’s role. For best security practices, we strongly recommend giving the member
the lowest permissions needed. Members with Project Owner permissions are able
to manage all aspects of the project, including shutting it down.
- To grant Project Owner or Project Editor permissions, choose the appropriate role under Project.
- To limit a member’s permissions to filing technical support cases, choose the Tech Support Editor role under Support.
- Save your changes.
Support hours of availability
You can contact support by filing a case in the Cloud Console or by calling the Google Cloud Support hotline.
- For Silver-level support customers, the Support team operates on weekdays and is available from Monday 9 AM Tokyo time to Friday 5 PM Pacific time (24x5), excluding regional holidays.
- For Gold-level support customers, in addition to 24x5 support access, technical support for critical issues is available on weekends and regional holidays (24x7), via the Google Cloud Support Portal and the Gold-level support pager. To sign up for Gold-level support, contact sales.
The support hotline is available 24x5, from Monday 9 AM Tokyo time to Friday 5 PM Pacific time, excluding regional holidays. Customers with Gold-level support have 24x7 access to technical support for critical issues. On weekends and regional holidays, Gold-level support customers can contact support via the Google Cloud Support Portal.
You can use the hotline for the following issues:
- Your end users have been unable to access your Google Maps Platform production applications for longer than 15 minutes.
- You want to report a Google Maps Platform service outage. Make sure you select the geospatial option when you call.
Before you call, make sure you have your support PIN, which is available on the Google Maps Platform Support page. Then call us at:
- US customers: 1-877-355-5787
- EMEA and JAPAC customers: +1-646-257-4500, or check the Contact Us page in the Support Portal for local toll-free numbers.
For questions related to data privacy and protection, you can contact us using the Data Privacy Inquiry Form.
Here are some other ways to stay up to date with the Google Maps Platform:
- The Maps Public Status Dashboard tracks the availability and status of the Google Maps Platform APIs. It is the first place to check when you discover an issue is affecting you. The dashboard shows incidents that affect many customers, so if you see an incident listed it is likely related to your problem.
- Subscribe to our Google Groups to stay up to date with changes, outages, and other announcements.
- The Google Maps Platform Blog is a useful source of news and updates across all of Google's Geo developer products.
- The Google Cloud Blog provides updates on all Google Cloud products, including the Google Maps Platform.
- Subscribe to the Google Maps Platform YouTube channel for news announcements, developer tips, and featured developer stories.
For your reference, here are the documents relating to your purchase:
- Purchase Agreement: Describes your rights and obligations as a Google Maps Platform Premium Plan customer. See the document for your region:
- Acceptable Use Policy: Defines use cases which are acceptable under your License Agreement.
- Service Level Agreement: Describes expected uptime for the services and your entitlement to credit in the event of service downtime.
- Technical Solutions and Services Guidelines: Describe the support offering for your product.
- List of Included APIs: Describes which of the Google Maps Platform are included in the Google Maps Platform Premium Plan.