To provision a new Campus ID, the user must complete an authentication and association flow on their device. This links their external user account to a Google Wallet account. This article describes that process at a high level.
Add to Google Wallet from an Android app
In this section, we describe the flow to save an account to Google Wallet from a Service Provider's Android app.
These figures illustrate the user flow to provision a Campus ID from a Google Wallet perspective.
- A spinning connection animation is shown to the user while network connectivity and initial services configure.
- After this completes, the user accepts the Terms of Service and continues with the flow.
- A spinning save animation is shown to the user while background services provision the account on the device.
- After the services complete, a success screen appears.
- The user might be prompted in subsequent screens to download the Google Wallet app, if it doesn't already exist on their device.
- Google only supports an account linking from Android applications. If you need to support other use cases, check with your Google contact.
- If the card is already saved to the selected Google Account, the user is instead shown a link to open the card in the Google Wallet app, where they can view card details.
- If the card is saved to a Google Account other than the one the user is logged into, the user receives a message that indicates another Google Account has already saved that card.
- If the user attempts to add a card and doesn't have a Google Account, a prompt to create an account appears. After creation of the Google Account, the flow continues normally.
Apps that support Campus ID flows need to integrate with Google Play Services APIs.
However, the method calls from the Service Provider app to Google Play Services aren't available in the publicly distributed version of Google Play Services. Rather, the Service Provider app developer must add and get access to custom modules to call certain methods.
Check with your Service Provider for more information.