In this guide we show you how to use Mediation Test Suite (MTS) to verify your Open Bidding ad sources are correctly integrated into your app.
- Read the Mediation Test Suite getting started docs.
Once you've installed MTS in your app and familiarize yourself with its usage, you can use it to verify your Open Bidding integration:
1. Check if Ad Unit Mappings appear
The first step is to verify the Open Bidding partners are correctly configured in your Ad Manager ad unit mappings.
If an ad unit mapping has been configured for an Open Bidding yield partner and correctly associated with your app, an Open Bidding Partner entry will appear for that yield partner.
Select a given Open Bidding partner to see the available ad unit mappings:
If the ad unit mapping doesn't appear, try the following:
- Ensure that the ad unit mapping is configured with the correct app and that the bundle ID of your app matches that in the Ad Manager UI.
- It can take up to an hour for changes in the Ad Manager UI to propagate to Mediation Test Suite. Retry periodically. If it doesn't return within a day of the change, please follow up with your account manager.
2. Verify that the adapter and SDK are installed
If the ad unit mappings appear in the Open Bidding partner screen for a given yield partner, there will be green/red indicators for the SDK and adapter for that partner.
If the adapter or SDK is missing, they must be added to your app. Refer to the mediation instructions for more information.
3. Check the SDK and Adapter versions
Once the adapter and SDK are installed, click the ad source. Verify the SDK and Adapter versions from the ad source details screen.
Check with the Open Bidding docs for the relevant mediation partner or your Google account manager to confirm you are using the latest version, and update using your chosen integration method if needed.
4. Check if the adapter is initialized correctly
In the ad source detail screen, verify that Adapter Initialization Status is green in the ad source screen. The green checkmark verifies the following:
- Your adapter has been successfully initialized.
- You properly configured your app ID in your
- Your app calls
[GADMobileAds startWithCompletionHandler:]when it launches.
5. Verify that the required ad source parameters are entered
In the ad source details screen there is also the Ad Source Configuration section. All parameters specified should be green, which verifies that a value has been entered for the given parameter. However, this doesn't verify that the values of the configuration parameters are valid or correct.
If you've successfully passed all the checks above, your integration should be functional and ads should serve if the ad source parameters are correct.
6. Test Open Bidding ad loading in real-time
Loading open bidding ads in the Mediation Test Suite is possible in the following scenario:
- The adapter is successfully initialized.
- The device used is a registered test device.
Assuming these conditions are met, the Load Ad button will be enabled and a test ad can be loaded via the networks' bidder.
Troubleshooting failing ad loads
If ads are not serving, check the following:
- The app ID of your app matches the one selected in the Ad Manager UI for the ad unit mapping.
- The open bidding yield partner is configured to serve in a Yield Group for the given app and ad unit.
- You have a valid advertising identifier being passed (may not be the case with simulators or if limit ad tracking is enabled). Most partners require this in order to bid.
If ads still don't serve, it could mean there is an issue with the partner not bidding. Check in with your Google account manager or the support team if this appears to be the case.
For troubleshooting adapter initialization, see the Open Bidding troubleshooting section.