This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Pay API. The release notes are ordered and identified by date, and they include descriptions of the changes.
- Added Brazil debit and credit combo card support. See Card parameters object reference for more details.
- Added NCCC, eCard, and BlueGate (NTTData) to the list of participating processors. Updated the URL for Worldpay.
- Revamped the reference tab to improve user experience.
- Added PayAnyWay, Paragon Payment Solutions, and Paylane to the list of participating processors.
merchantIdfrom the example
- Updated the tutorial to change
- Added new images to the UX best practices guide.
- Added instructions to customize your API integration for SCA compliance.
- Added Cathay United Bank, Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech), LogPay, Nuvei, Payler, Paymetric, and RBS to the list of participating processors.
- Added CardConnect, eGHL, and LogPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added a diverse set of sample token examples in the "Resources" tab.
- Made significant updates to the UX best practices page to improve clarity and usefulness.
- Added new
allowedCardNetworksoption, INTERAC, to the tutorial.
- Added Braspag, Ecard, Redsys, and Worldnet to the list of participating processors.
- Added PayPal as a supported payment method. For more details, see object reference.
- Added Computop, MyCheck, Sipay, TPay.com, and Wirecard to the list of supported gateways.
- Added iQmetrix, Portmone, and Vindicia to the list of supported gateways.
- Added a section
called Test with
sample tokens that provides information about encryption and sample payloads returned
DIRECTintegration is performed.
- Added Frequently asked questions about Google Pay online.
- Added Gestpay, iPay88, MultiCarta, Square, and WayForPay to the list of supported gateways.
- Added Assist, GMO Payment Gateway, and Moneris to the list of supported gateways.
Added localized content in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Chinese (Traditional)
JSON Object Reference:
PaymentMethodTokenizationSpecificationnow includes examples for supported payment processors: Alfa-Bank, Blue Media, BlueSnap, Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech), CloudPayments, GoPay, HiTrust, Lyra, Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS), Money.Mail.Ru, Newebpay (formerly STPath), Nexi, NMI, Payture, PayU, Square, TapPay, Tinkoff, and Uniteller.
- Added Arabic to the "Buy with Google Pay" resource for button asset localization.
- Launched ECv2 for
DIRECTintegrations. ECv2 is an updated cryptography protocol that allows merchants to store a static, long living, Google signing key that only needs to be updated every 10 years.
- Updated the Tink library to support ECv2 payloads as of version 1.1.0. See the Tink release notes for more information.
- Updated the Android Brand guidelines. Developers can no longer download and use the Google Pay logo, and must now only use the Google Pay mark.
- Added NMI to the list of supported gateways.
- Added instructions for
- Released a new version of Google Pay API, APIv2.