This section contains release notes for the Driver SDK for iOS.
v3.1.0 (Sept, 2023)
- The CocoaPod for Driver SDK is now an .xcframework which supports both device and simulator builds for developers on both Intel- and Apple Silicon-based Macs.
v3.0.1 (Aug, 2023)
- Fixes undefined symbols error.
v3.0.0 (May, 2023)
Removes deprecated initializers that use GMTSLocationInfo from the following interfaces:
Support for iOS 13 is now frozen. The minimum iOS version is now 14.0.
According to the Mobile OS version support policy, we are freezing support for iOS 13 as of Driver SDK for iOS v3.0.0. The new minimum supported OS is iOS 14. Earlier SDK versions will continue supporting iOS 13. If your dependencies do not specify a version number, your IDE will load the newest SDK version and new builds of your app will not support iOS 13. Specify a version of the Driver SDK for iOS in your application's build dependencies in order to control when you raise the minimum supported OS for new versions of your app.
Freezing support for iOS 14 - May 15, 2023
According to the Mobile OS version support policy, we are freezing support for iOS 14 in an upcoming major version of Driver SDK for iOS.
Versions of Driver SDK for iOS released beginning the second quarter of 2024 will support a minimum of iOS 15. Earlier SDK versions will continue supporting iOS 14.
If your dependencies do not specify a version number, your IDE will load the newest SDK version and new builds of your app will not support iOS 14.
Specify a version of the Driver SDK for iOS in your application's build dependencies in order to control when you raise the minimum supported OS for new versions of your app.
v2.2.0 (January, 2023)
- Fixes bug where location timestamps in vehicle updates were truncated to the nearest second. DriverSDK now reports the timestamp of location updates with millisecond precision.
- DriverSDK iOS now fills out more fields in uploaded vehicle locations. Newly filled fields include:
raw_location_accuracy. DriverSDK also ceases reporting the deprecated
- Updates the URL for terms and conditions in the header files to the correct link, and fixes other minor issues with punctuation.
- Fixes various spelling, punctuation, and other minor errors were fixed in the documentation.
- The class
v2.1.0 (October 10, 2022)
- Bug fixes and documentation updates.
v2.0.0 (July 26, 2022)
Removed the Terminal Point Service, which includes:
Support for iOS 12 is now frozen. The minimum iOS version is now 13.0.
We are freezing support (deprecating) for iOS 13 in the 2023 major version updates for Driver iOS SDK. The minimum iOS version supported will be iOS 14, starting in June 2023. Customers should prepare by changing the minimum version support flag in their code before they update.
v1.1.0 (April 28, 2022)Internal improvements.
v1.0.5 (March 28, 2022)
Internal bug fixes.
v1.0 (November 29, 2021)
The minimum supported iOS version for this release is 12.0.
Cleaned up DriverAPI interfaces
Removed Objective-C public initializer from
Authentication API changes
- Removed unnecessary properties from the
GMTSServiceType has been deprecated. You now only need to get claims for the
vehicle ID in
authorizationContext:(nullable GMTSAuthorizationContext *)authorizationContext
(void)fetchTokenWithContext:(nullable GMTDAuthorizationContext *)authorizationContext
AuthorizationContext to a class with properties, and removed
Added crash detection during SDK initialization. There is also an option to opt
out by using the
setAbnormalTerminationReportingEnabled: API on
Freezing support for iOS 12 - Oct 18, 2021
In response to changes in our internal dependencies, we are freezing support for iOS 12 in an upcoming major version of Driver SDK for iOS.
Driver SDK for iOS v2.0 or higher will only support devices running a minimum of iOS 13. Earlier SDK versions will continue to support iOS 12.
If your dependencies in CocoaPods or Carthage do not specify a version number, Xcode will load the newest version and new builds of your app will not support iOS 12.
Be sure to specify a version in your application's build dependencies in order to control when you raise the minimum supported OS for new versions of your app. See examples of specifying a version in Maps SDK for iOS documentation. See the guidance on app maintenance best practices.
v0.3.0 Beta (August 30th, 2021)
- GMTSServiceType now represents the tokens needed for vehicle or task operations instead of Fleet Engine services.
- GMTDRidesharingDriverAPI is now initalized with a GMTDDriverContext object.