The Mobile Vision API provides a framework for finding objects in photos and video. The framework includes detectors, which locate and describe visual objects in images or video frames, and an event driven API that tracks the position of those objects in video.
Currently, the Mobile Vision API includes face, barcode, and text detectors, which can be applied separately or together.
The vision package includes a framework of common base functionality, and subpackages for specific detector implementations:
- Common functionality: com.google.android.gms.vision
- Face detector: com.google.android.gms.vision.face
- Barcode detector: com.google.android.gms.vision.barcode
- Text detector: com.google.android.gms.vision.text
Some places to go from here:
- Getting Started - get up and running with the Mobile Vision API
- Face Detection Concepts - Find out more about how face detection works
- Barcodes Overview - Learn more about the types of barcodes the Vision API can detect and parse
- Text Overview - Use the Text API to read blocks of text using a mobile device's camera.
- Multiple Detectors - Tutorial on running barcode and face detection simultaneously