If you provide a Google Analytics ID when you configure the Google Workspace Marketplace API for your app listing, you can monitor how users interact with your app listing from Google Analytics.
Data from Google Analytics is available once the app listing is published.
Get information about your app listing
Google Analytics can provide the following information:
- How many visitors have viewed your app listing for a specific time period. A visit is only counted if the visitor clicks on your app listing to view the details.
- The geographic distribution of visitors.
- How visitors reach your app listing, for example, from a Google Search.
- The average time spent viewing your app listing.
- Install events that are created when users start and finish installing your app. These events let you determine how often an install process was aborted and how many installs were completed over time.
To find install information in Google Analytics, search using the following event information:
|When an install of the application is started.||
|When an install of the application is completed.||
Get information about usage
To view installation data for your app, open the Usage page of the Google Workspace Marketplace API. The following information is available:
|Domain installs||The number of domains that have installed your app. For example, if the admin of altostrat.com installs your app for 500 users and the admin of examplepetstore.com installs your app for 30 users, the domain installs count is 2 domains.|
|Seat installs||The number of users that have your app installed and enabled. For example, if the admin for altostrat.com installs your app for 500 users and the admin for examplepetstore.com installs your app for 30 users, the seat installs count is 530 seats.|
|Individual end user installs||The number of users that have directly installed your app. The individual end user installs count doesn’t include installs made by domain admins. For example, if the admin for altostrat.com installs your app for 500 users and 25 individual users from examplepetstore.com install your app, the individual end user installs count is 25.|
Connect usage info with your licensing or billing server
Your app might communicate with a licensing or billing server that manages monetization or usage. The Google Workspace Marketplace API—called from your license server, not from your app—can help with this level of administration.
The Google Workspace Marketplace API lets you determine what domains have installed or
uninstalled your app. Use the API's
collection to get the activity for your app:
- Provision events represent installations of your app on a domain.
- Delete events represent removals of your app from a domain.
Refer to the Google Workspace Marketplace API Reference for more details.