This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Apps Script in 2016. It is intended to help developers identify changes in behavior. For more recent changes, see the current year's release notes.
Deceber 1, 2016
November 23, 2016
October 19, 2016
Added X-Frame-Option header support to HtmlService, allowing iframes to render Apps Script HTML and web apps.
July 28, 2016
Added support for Android add-ons. Now you can make Google Docs and Sheets add-ons that work on Android.
July 12, 2016
The use of project keys to identify scripts is now deprecated. The preferred unique identifier for a script is the Script ID. There are no plans to turn off or disable the use of project keys; code that uses project keys will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
July 6, 2016
April 11, 2016
- Support for
PATCHrequests has been added to
March 25, 2016
- Deprecated the
in the DashboardPanel class
because it takes a
UiApp.Widgetargument, and UiApp was deprecated in 2014.
February 29, 2016
Announcing the following recent changes:
The Spreadsheet API adds a new NamedRange type and the following related methods:
- NamedRange.getName() gets the name of the named range
- NamedRange.setName(name) sets the name of the named range
- NamedRange.getRange() gets the underlying range associated with the named range
- NamedRange.setRange(range) sets the underlying range associated with the named range
- NamedRange.remove() deletes the named range
- Spreadsheet.getNamedRanges() gets an array of all the named ranges in the spreadsheet
- Sheet.getNamedRanges() gets an array of all the named ranges in the sheet
- Protection.setNamedRange(range) associates an existing protected range with an existing named range
The Utilities API includes a new getUuid() method that generates a unique identifier.