The following integration policies apply to the Appointments End-to-End integration.
Please read through the following integration eligibility criteria before beginning an integration. Partners must meet the following requirements and policies to be eligible to integrate with the Actions Center's Appointments End-to-End integration.
While the following requirements are necessary components of eligibility for the Actions Center program, meeting the requirements does not guarantee a partner will be eligible to integrate or go live with the Actions Center.
Failure to meet the requirements and policies may result in integration, merchant or services being suspended or removed from the platform.
General Platform Requirements
- Partners must collect and handle all merchant and user data, including any personally identifiable information, in a manner compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable privacy laws.
- Partners must be authorized to make bookings on behalf of their merchants.
Partners must have direct access to merchants' availability/time slots in real time (ie. partners must be able to respond to availability requests from Google in less than 1 second).
- Special case: We do support reservations that require asynchronous confirmation from the merchant, but the reservation flow must be based on an available time slot. Partners must have real time availability, i.e. through merchant online systems, even if it requires confirmation from the merchant to finalize the reservation.
Partners must have comprehensive inventory for their merchants. Merchants with partial or distressed inventory may not be eligible.
Partners must have 30 days or more of merchants' availability.
Partners must support online cancellation of bookings.
Partners must be able to provide accurate pricing data for the cost of services and abide by the Actions Center's pricing policy.
Partners must be able to meet the Actions Center technical Appointments End-to-End integration requirements.
Partners must abide by the Actions Center's merchant and services eligibility requirements.
Partners must abide by the Actions Center's support and maintenance guidelines.
Partners must maintain acceptable error rates defined in Launch and Monitoring guidelines.
All bookings must be confirmed automatically in real time with the exception of bookings made with an async integration. Bookings made through an async integration must adhere to the Async guideline.
Partner must maintain standard quality content for merchant name, address, services name and description per guideline.
This page specifies policies for displaying pricing related to your Maps Booking API feed. To ensure a consistent experience for consumers, merchants and partners using the Actions Center, inventory must adhere to the appropriate guidelines for their respective service type. Failure to adhere to these policies may lead to suspension of your integration.
$0 services are generally not allowed for in-person visits. If you have a specific use case that you think should be evaluated for an exception, please reach out to your Google business development contact.
We allow free or $0-priced services when a service is delivered fully online, with the following restrictions:
- The service must be truly free of charge
- Donations can be solicited, but must not be required to receive the service
- Solicitation must only occur after the service has been delivered
- A $0 trial must generally be available to any customer that books the service
- Limitations are allowable for health and safety reasons as permitted by law
This section specifies the general and feature-specific policies for implementing payment on the Actions Center. To ensure a consistent experience for consumers, merchants, and partners using the Actions Center, inventory requiring payment must adhere to the appropriate guidelines. Failure to adhere to these policies will lead to suspension of your integration.
These policies apply to all payments transactions and inventory on Reserve with Google:
- No charges should be made to a user that are not explicitly agreed to at
checkout, as articulated via our
payments configuration process.
- Payment terms contained within the linked Terms of Service page do not satisfy this requirement.
- For in-person services, all payments must occur at the time of booking or in-person only. Solicitation of payment by any other means is strictly prohibited.
- The amount charged to a user must be the same amount specified in the terms of the transaction.
- The transaction must be displayed and charged in the currency of the location of the merchant (currency is specified via the payments configuration process). No currency conversions may take place.
- Payment tokens cannot be used to support charges for other transactions or purposes.
- No instrument other than the token created for this transaction and sent to you by Google can be used for these charges.
- If the acquiring bank for your transactions is subject to PSD2, you must implement 3DS1 or 3DS2 for those transactions when supported by Actions Center and your payment processor.
- If the service requires pre-payments, no show fees, and/or deposits, service
cancellation_policydefinition is mandatory.
- If you are adding payments to your integration now or in the future, you must provide reliable and complete contact information including name, address, phone number, email address, and registry information as may be required by certain regulations.
No Show Fee
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the no show fee feature:
- No show fees for late cancellations must only be charged if a user
cancels after the
no-charge cancellation window specified for that booking.
- If no cancellation window is specified for a booking, the default cancellation window ends at the start of the reservation.
- Google must be informed via a real-time update if a user is charged a no show fee.
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the deposit feature:
- Deposits should not be used to pay the full price of a service. Prepayment should be used for this function.
- If a user cancels before the end of the
no-charge cancellation window specified for that deposit, then:
- Their deposit must be refunded or not charged.
- If the booking is cancelled outside of the Actions Center, Google must be informed via a real-time update.
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the prepayment feature:
cancellation policy is defined for all prepayment bookings.
- If no cancellation policy is specified, then bookings default to non-refundable
- If a user cancels in a timeframe eligible for a refund (as defined by the cancellation policy for that booking), then:
Credit Card Required
The following policies apply to inventory and transactions using the credit-card-required feature:
- No charges should be made to the user for any credit-card-required transactions.