Our policies ensure a consistent user experience when interacting with the appointment availability feature. Appointments that do not follow this policy will be blocked from appearing to users.
- Appointment types cannot contain erroneous numbers or characters, e.g., “B)”
- Appointment types must be free of misspellings or typos
- Appointment types must be less than or equal to 30 characters
- Appointment types that direct patients to call for an appointment or require an additional referral are not allowed as they are not actionable through the appointment availability feature.
- Emergency department appointment types are not supported
- Appointment links must be a deep link to the provider and specific appointment type
- Appointment links must allow the user to complete their appointment booking
- Appointment links must lead to an open access booking page, i.e. a user should not be prompted to login
- All appointment types must respect standard Content policies for Search features.
Precision for appointment availability must consistently be above 95% at the health system level. Precision is determined by comparing appointment availability date sent via feed and what is listed on the provider’s website.