Sign up for activities at an offsite or event
Create an offsite activity signup system. Lets attendees pick their preferred activities via a form and fairly assigns them based on availability.
Last updated: July, 2019
Quickly create an end to end offsite activity signup system. Start with the activity schedule in a Google Sheet, then use Apps Script to create a form for attendees to express their preferences. After everyone submits their responses, assign the activities to best match their preferences, activity capacities, and schedules.
FormAppservice is used to create a sign-up form based on a schedule of activities in the sheet.
SpreadsheetAppservice is used to read the form responses and record the activity assignments and rosters in the spreadsheet.
- Create a copy of the sample Offsite Activity Signup spreadsheet.
- Click on custom menu item Activities > Create Form.
- A dialog box will appear and tell you that the script requires authorization. Read the authorization notice and continue.
- Click on custom menu item Activities > Generate test data to generate sample responses.
- Click Form > Go to live form.
- Fill out the form and submit your own response.
- Return to the sheet.
- Click on custom menu item Activities > Assign activities.
- Two new sheets will appear with the activity assignments. View them.
To get started with Google Apps Script, try out the codelab which guides you through the creation of your first script.
You can also view the full source code of this solution on GitHub to learn more about how it was built.
Were you able to get the solution up and running?
If you have an idea for another solution you'd like to see featured in our gallery submit a request on the GitHub issue tracker.