Feeling a little stuck using this SDK? You can choose from several ways to get some help with your app.
- Google encourages you to contact your Customer Engineering contact or your Business Development contact.
- See if the Release Notes have new information for you.
- Look for the latest version in the Google Maps Navigation SDK production builds download folder.
- For general development questions or urgent issues, contact Google Cloud Support. Only cases filed through the Support Portal are subject to an SLA (Service Level Agreement).
Support period for older versions of the SDK
Unless otherwise stated by Google, when a new version of the Trip and Order Progress is released, the support period for the previous version is 4 months from the new version’s release date. Google may, at its discretion, opt to continue supporting an older version of the Trip and Order Progress for a longer period of time.
Google publishes release notes notifying customers each time a new release is available. You can subscribe to receive notices at the Google Cloud Console. The release notes include the date on which the older version becomes unsupported. You should upgrade your apps for all your vehicle drivers within 4 months of the release, that is, before the date specified in the release notes. The older version of the SDK may return errors after the specified date.
Example: Let's assume Google announces the launch of version 1.2 on April 10, 2018. The release notes indicate the date when older versions will no longer be supported. In this example, the date will be no earlier than August 10, 2018.
Contact the support team
To manage cases in the Maps Console, you will need to have one of the following roles:
- Project Owner
- Project Editor
- Tech Support Editor
- Tech Support Viewer
The Tech Support Viewer role is only able to view case information and cannot interact with or update the case in any way.
Create a support case
Project Owners, Project Editors, and Tech Support Editors can create support cases. If you don’t have one of these roles, contact your Project Owner or Organization Admin to get access.
Visit the Google Maps Platform Support
Create a Case
page in the Cloud Console.
- Alternatively, you can click the 'Create Case' button at the top of the Google Maps Platform Support page.
- Select the project related to your question in the top dropdown bar of the Cloud Console.
- Fill out the form in detail.
- Once your case is created, you can correspond with Support via Email.
Manage your cases
View, resolve, or escalate your support cases from the Cloud Console. Please communicate with support on your cases by responding to case emails. In the future, you can look forward to replying to cases in the Cloud Console.
Your cases are visible on the Cases page, while your most recent cases are also visible on the Google Maps Platform Support Overview page, which you can use to go to the Cases page. Select any case to see its details and interact with Maps Support.
Cases are scoped to the selected project, so you will only see cases that were created within that project. If you have multiple projects and cannot find an expected support case, check to see if you are viewing the project from where you originally created the support case.
Escalate a case
If you think that your case is not being handled optimally, you can escalate the case. An escalation manager will review your case to ensure that it is handled properly. Escalation managers can provide additional expertise or better prioritize a case based on business requirements, but they cannot grant exceptions to policies or terms of service.
One hour after a case is first submitted, you may escalate it. Use the Escalate button found in the footer of your support emails, in the case creation confirmation email, or in any response to the case. You can also click the 'Escalate' button at the top of the Case Details page for your case.
Resolve a case
If your case no longer requires support, you can either inform Support via email or you can click the 'Resolve' button at the top of the Case Details page for your case.
Grant support access
A Project Owner or an Organization Admin can grant all available roles from the IAM page.
- Open the IAM page in the Cloud Console.
- Select Select a project > choose a project from the dropdown > Open.
Select Add, then enter the new member’s email address.
- You can add individuals, service accounts, or Google Groups as members, but every project must have at least one individual as a member.
Select the member’s role. For best security practices, we strongly recommend
giving the member the lowest permissions needed. Members with
Project Owner permissions are able to manage all aspects of
the project, including shutting it down.
- To grant Project Owner or Project Editor permissions, choose the appropriate role under Project.
- To limit a member’s permissions to filing technical support cases, choose the Tech Support Editor role under Support.
- Save your changes.
Contact Billing Support as a Billing Admin
The Billing Admin role does not grant permissions to create support cases on its billing account, because access to Support (Tech or Billing) is based on project permissions, and is granted to Project Owners, Project Editors, or Tech Support Editors on a project tied to the billing account. If you do not have access to any project tied to the billing account:
- Create a new project. You are automatically assigned the Project Owner role for this project.
- Enable billing on your new project, using the billing account used for your group's other projects.
- Enable a Maps API from this new project.
Since you are the Project Owner for this new project, you have access to Maps API support case creation from that new project and can make inquiries about the billing account attached to it.
Support hours of availability
You can contact support by filing a case in the Cloud Console or by calling phone support.
- The Support team operates on weekdays and is available from Monday 9 AM Tokyo time to Friday 5 PM Pacific time (24x5), excluding regional holidays.
- In addition to 24x5 support access, technical support for critical issues is available on weekends and regional holidays (24x7), via the Google Cloud Console, with a 1 hour response time.
Phone support is available 24x5, from Monday 9 AM Tokyo time to Friday 5 PM Pacific time, excluding regional holidays.
You can use phone support for the following issues:
- Your end users have been unable to access your Trip and Order Progress production applications for longer than 15 minutes.
- You want to report a Google Maps Platform service outage. Make sure you select the geospatial option when you call.
Before you call, make sure you have your support PIN, which is available on the Google Maps Platform Support Create a Case page. Then call us at:
- AMERICAS customers: 1-877-355-5787
- EMEA and JAPAC customers: +1-646-257-4500, or check the Phone support section in the Google Maps Platform Support Create a Case page for local toll-free numbers.
For questions related to data privacy and protection, you can contact us using the Data Privacy Inquiry Form.
For your reference:
- Acceptable Use Policy: Defines use cases which are acceptable under your License Agreement.
- Service Level Agreement: Describes expected uptime for the services and your entitlement to credit in the event of service downtime.
- Technical Solutions and Services Guidelines: Describes the support offering for your product.
- See your Service Addendum to the Trip and Order Progress for the full terms of your agreement.