Uploading a logo
Defining multiple brands is optional. It is recommended if your business manages multiple user-facing brands, or if your business operates in multiple countries that each have their own unique branding.
Follow these steps to upload a logo:
- Switch to 'Sandbox Environment' in the top environment switcher.
- Navigate to the ‘Brands’ tab within the partner portal.
- Click on the pencil icon after hovering over a brand to add a logo to an existing brand or click ‘Add Brand’ to create a new brand.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button to select a logo file for upload.
- Confirm that the logo passes all requirement checks.
- Press ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the menu to save your changes.
- Once you have confirmed the logo is correct, switch to 'Production Environment' in the top environment switcher and replicate steps 1-6.
This section describes the guidelines to follow when you create assets for your logo listing on Reserve with Google.
Icon artwork can populate the entire asset space. You can also design and position artwork elements such as logos onto the keyline grid. When you place your artwork, it's best practice to use keylines as guidelines.
When you create your artwork, ensure it conforms to the following requirements:
- Final size: 512 px x 512 px.
- Format: 32-bit PNG.
- Color space: sRGB.
- Max file size: 1024 KB.
- Shape: Full square.
- Reserve with Google dynamically handles masking.
- Radius is equivalent to 20% of icon size.
- Shadow: None.
After the asset is uploaded, Reserve with Google dynamically applies the rounded mask to ensure consistency across all icons and logos.
Use the full asset space as the background when you deal with minimalistic artwork.
Use the keylines as guides when you position artwork elements, such as logos.
Do not force your logo or artwork to fit the full asset space. Instead, use the keyline grid to position it.
If shapes are a critical part of a logo, do not force the artwork to go full bleed. Instead place it on the new keyline grid.
If possible, pick a background color for your asset that's appropriate for your brand and doesn't include any transparency.
Reserve with Google dynamically applies a corner radius to logos. This ensures consistency when the icon is resized across different UI layouts. The radius is equivalent to 20% of icon size.